We all know that a good bow release can make all the difference when it comes to precision and accuracy in archery. A bow release is a small device that attaches to the bowstring and allows the archer to release the string without using their fingers. This not only provides a more consistent release but also reduces the risk of string torque, which can cause the arrow to veer off course.
When it comes to choosing the best bow release, there are a few things to consider. First and foremost, you want to make sure that the release is compatible with your bow and your shooting style. Some releases are designed for compound bows while others are better suited for traditional bows. You also want to consider the type of release mechanism, such as a thumb trigger or a back tension release.
Another important factor to consider is adjustability. A good bow release should allow you to make adjustments to the trigger sensitivity and the length of the release, so you can find the perfect fit for your hand and shooting style. Comfort is also key, as you don’t want a release that causes discomfort or fatigue during long shooting sessions.
We spent hours researching and testing various bow releases to identify the ones that offer the best combination of performance, adjustability, and comfort. In the following sections, we’ll share our top picks for the best bow releases on the market today.
Best Bow Releases
- TruFire Smoke Bow Release
- LWANO Archery Compound Bow Release Aids Trigger with Foldable Design Camo
- TruFire Patriot Archery Compound Bow Release
- TruFire Hardcore Buckle Foldback Release
- T.R.U. BALL 3 Finger Max Hunter Bow Release Aid
- xxiaojun Compound Bow Aid Releaser and D Loop Rope
- Scott Archery Quick Shot Release Buckle Strap Black, One Size Fits Most
- Tru-Fire Smoke Max Release
We know how important it is to have the right gear when it comes to archery. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best bow releases for you to choose from. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, having a reliable release can make all the difference in your accuracy and overall performance. So, without further ado, here are our top picks for the best bow releases on the market.
We highly recommend the TruFire Smoke Bow Release for archers who are looking for a budget-friendly option that doesn’t compromise on quality.
- The foldback buckle strap allows for hands-free operation, making it easy to secure to your wrist with one hand and carry out other tasks without any flopping or clanging.
- The 16 position trigger thumb adjustment system ensures a perfect fit for every hand size, making it comfortable to use for extended periods.
- The adjustable trigger travel allows for extreme adjustability, making it easy to find the perfect setting for maximum comfort.
- The elastic band on the buckle strap may wear out over time, causing it to hang off the buckle.
- The length adjustment can be difficult to set when wearing different clothing.
- The release head cannot swivel once it’s adjusted and tightened down.
In our experience, the TruFire Smoke Bow Release is extremely rugged and compact, with durable jaws that are dime-sized. The adjustable trigger travel allows for extreme adjustability for an archer’s maximum comfort. The open jaws can be pulled back by the trigger, and let off the trigger to close the jaws. This bow release is made in the USA, and we’re proud to say that it’s a high-quality release at a budget-friendly price.
Overall, we think the TruFire Smoke Bow Release is an excellent choice for archers who are looking for a reliable and affordable bow release.
If you’re looking for an affordable bow release that’s comfortable to wear and easy to use, the LWANO Archery Compound Bow Release Aids Trigger with Foldable Design Camo is a great option.
- The fold-back design allows you to use your hands freely.
- The trigger head rotates 360 degrees, making it suitable for left and right-handed shooters.
- The adjustable trigger length and wrist strap make it a great choice for young shooters.
- The jaws may not close smoothly every time, resulting in a pinched finger.
- The straps may not be adjustable enough for those with larger hands.
- It may not be suitable for high-poundage bows.
We found the LWANO Archery Compound Bow Release to be comfortable to wear and easy to use. The fold-back design is especially useful when you need to use your hands for something else. The 360-degree rotating trigger head makes it easy to use whether you’re left or right-handed. The adjustable trigger length and wrist strap make it a great choice for younger shooters who may have smaller hands.
However, we did experience some issues with the jaws not closing smoothly every time, resulting in a pinched finger. Additionally, those with larger hands may find that the straps are not adjustable enough to fit comfortably. Finally, it may not be suitable for high-poundage bows, so keep that in mind if you’re looking for a release for a more powerful bow.
Overall, we would recommend the LWANO Archery Compound Bow Release Aids Trigger with Foldable Design Camo for those looking for an affordable and easy-to-use bow release.
If you’re looking for an affordable and easy-to-use bow release, the TruFire Patriot Archery Compound Bow Release is a great option.
- The Velcro strap provides a quick and comfortable fit and allows you to make adjustments as needed.
- The Patriot has a durable steel trigger with a smooth release, whether it’s your first shot or the thousandth, it’s built to last.
- The trigger sensitivity is adjustable, so you can control the trigger travel.
- The trigger head rotates a full 360 degrees, making it appropriate for either left or right-hand shooters, but it can feel a bit awkward to use at first.
- The Velcro/Nylon strap requires time to break-in and form to your wrist, which can be a bit uncomfortable.
- This release requires you to manually close the jaws before pulling back on the bow, which can be inconvenient compared to more advanced flip-back style releases.
We found the TruFire Patriot Archery Compound Bow Release to be a great value for the price. It’s easy to use and adjust, making it suitable for archers of all ages and experience levels. The durable steel trigger and adjustable sensitivity make for a smooth and consistent release, and the ambidextrous design is a nice touch. However, the Velcro strap can take some time to break in and may not be as comfortable as other options on the market. Overall, we think this is a solid choice for anyone looking for an affordable and reliable bow release.
If you’re looking for a reliable and adjustable bow release, the TruFire Hardcore Buckle Foldback Release is a great choice.
- The foldback buckle leather strap allows for hands-free operation, so you can secure it to your wrist with one hand and perform other tasks without any flopping or clanging.
- The head pivots either left or right a full 20 degrees to eliminate torque at full draw thanks to the Tru Center Technology.
- The swept-back trigger with hook is guaranteed not to slip off loops, making it easy to use.
- The buckle and the hanging over extra end may be uncomfortable for some users.
- The whole thing rotates in your hand, which can be rough.
- The trigger adjustment screw may strip easily.
We’ve used the TruFire Hardcore Buckle Foldback Release on several archery hunts and we’ve been impressed with its performance. The foldback feature is especially useful when we need to use our hands for other tasks. The head pivots smoothly, allowing us to eliminate torque and improve our accuracy. The swept-back trigger with hook is easy to use and we’ve never had any issues with it slipping off loops. However, some users may find the buckle and the extra end uncomfortable, and the trigger adjustment screw may strip easily. Overall, we highly recommend this bow release for its reliability and adjustability.
If you’re looking for a comfortable, high-quality bow release, the T.R.U. BALL 3 Finger Max Hunter Bow Release Aid is definitely worth considering.
- The ergonomic head and 360-degree swivel make it easy to use and adjust.
- The adjustable sensitivity screw and finger bed grooves provide a comfortable and customized fit.
- The built-in lanyard ensures you won’t lose your release in the field.
- Some users may find the trigger mechanism takes some getting used to.
- The price point may be a bit high for some budgets.
- The release may not be suitable for those with larger hands.
We recently had the chance to try out the T.R.U. BALL 3 Finger Max Hunter Bow Release Aid, and we were impressed with its overall performance. The ergonomic head and swivel feature make it easy to use and adjust, while the finger bed grooves and adjustable sensitivity screw provide a comfortable and customized fit.
One thing to note is that the trigger mechanism may take some getting used to, as it requires pushing the trigger forward to release the jaws. However, once you get the hang of it, the release is smooth and effective.
Overall, we would recommend the T.R.U. BALL 3 Finger Max Hunter Bow Release Aid to anyone looking for a high-quality, comfortable bow release. While the price point may be a bit high for some, the features and performance make it well worth the investment.
If you are looking for a reliable and affordable bow release, xxiaojun Compound Bow Aid Releaser and D Loop Rope is a great option.
- Lightweight and compact, easy to carry around
- Adjustable sensitivity and trigger position
- Suitable for all ages and experience levels
- Adjustment screws may strip easily
- May not be as durable as some higher-end models
- May require some maintenance to ensure smooth operation
We recently had the chance to test out the xxiaojun Compound Bow Aid Releaser and D Loop Rope, and we were impressed with its performance. The release is made of strong and durable aluminum alloy, and it feels solid and well-made in the hand. The 360° rotation of the clamp head allows for easy and convenient use, and the sensitivity and trigger position can be easily adjusted with the included wrench.
One thing to note is that the adjustment screws may strip easily, so it’s important to be careful when making adjustments. Additionally, while the release feels sturdy and well-made, it may not be as durable as some higher-end models. However, with proper maintenance and care, we believe that it will provide reliable performance for many seasons of use.
Overall, we think that the xxiaojun Compound Bow Aid Releaser and D Loop Rope is a great choice for anyone looking for an affordable and reliable bow release. It’s suitable for all ages and experience levels, and its lightweight and compact design makes it easy to carry around in your hunting package. If you’re in the market for a new bow release, we highly recommend giving this one a try.
If you’re looking for an affordable archery release aid that won’t break the bank, the Scott Archery Quick Shot Release Buckle Strap Black is a great choice.
- The roller sear design gives an ultra-crisp trigger activation for improved accuracy.
- The rope connector is infinitely adjustable to fit any size archer.
- The leather buckle strap is comfortable and secure.
- The rope connector can press against the wrist strap, which can be uncomfortable.
- The trigger is heavy and may take some getting used to.
- The release is not fixed position, so you have to be quick if you want to take a shot.
We recently tried out the Scott Archery Quick Shot Release Buckle Strap Black and were impressed with its accuracy and reliability. The roller sear design gives an ultra-crisp trigger activation, making it easier to shoot with precision. The rope connector is also infinitely adjustable, so you can get a perfect fit no matter your hand size.
While the leather buckle strap is comfortable and secure, we did find that the rope connector can press against it, which can be uncomfortable during extended use. Additionally, the trigger is heavy and may take some getting used to, especially if you’re used to a lighter trigger.
Overall, we think the Scott Archery Quick Shot Release Buckle Strap Black is a great choice for anyone looking for an affordable archery release aid. While it may not have all the bells and whistles of more expensive models, it gets the job done and is built to last.
We highly recommend the Tru-Fire Smoke Max Release for archers who are looking for a comfortable and adjustable bow release.
- The padded strap provides superior comfort during long shooting sessions.
- The foldback option allows for hands-free movement without any clanging or flopping.
- The locking length adjustment with a 360-degree rotating head fits both left and right-handed archers.
- The trigger travel adjustment may take some time to get used to.
- The strap may be too large for those with smaller wrists.
- The strap color may not match the product image.
We have used the Tru-Fire Smoke Max Release during multiple hunting trips and have found that it provides excellent comfort and adjustability. The padded strap ensures that the release stays securely on your wrist without causing any discomfort. The foldback option is extremely convenient when you need to use your hands for other tasks. The locking length adjustment with a 360-degree rotating head is very useful for finding the perfect fit and angle for your shooting style.
One potential drawback of the Tru-Fire Smoke Max Release is that the trigger travel adjustment may take some time to get used to. It may also take some time to adjust the release to fit smaller wrists properly. Additionally, the strap color may not match the product image, which may disappoint some buyers.
Overall, we highly recommend the Tru-Fire Smoke Max Release for archers who are looking for a comfortable and adjustable bow release. Its superior comfort, foldback option, and locking length adjustment make it an excellent choice for both left and right-handed archers.
When shopping for a bow release, there are several factors to consider to ensure you get the best product for your needs. Here are some features to look at when making your selection.
Type of Release
There are three main types of releases: wrist strap, handheld, and thumb. Wrist strap releases are the most common and are attached to your wrist with a strap. Handheld releases are held in your hand like a trigger and are great for hunters who need to be quick on the draw. Thumb releases are activated by your thumb and offer a more precise release.
Look for a release that is adjustable to fit your hand comfortably. Some releases come with adjustable trigger tension, as well as adjustable length and angle of the trigger.
The material of the release can affect its durability and weight. Look for a release that is made of high-quality materials that can withstand regular use. Aluminum and stainless steel are popular materials used in bow releases.
The sensitivity of the trigger can affect your accuracy. Look for a release with a smooth and consistent trigger pull. Some releases come with adjustable trigger sensitivity to customize it to your preference.
The release mechanism can affect the speed and accuracy of your shot. Look for a release with a smooth and quiet release mechanism. Some releases come with a dual-jaw or hook design for a more secure hold on the bowstring.
Bow releases can range in price from under $20 to over $200. Determine your budget and look for a release that fits within your price range while still meeting your needs.
By considering these factors, you can find the best bow release for your hunting or archery needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a thumb release more accurate?
We cannot say that a thumb release is more accurate than any other type of release. Accuracy depends on various factors, including the archer’s skill level, the type of bow, and the release’s fit and feel. Some archers prefer thumb releases because they find them more comfortable and easier to use, but others prefer trigger releases or back tension releases.
What release do most pro archers use?
Most pro archers use back tension releases. These releases require a higher level of skill to use effectively, but they offer more control and consistency. However, some archers still prefer thumb or trigger releases, depending on their personal preferences and shooting style.
Who makes the best archery releases?
There are many reputable archery release manufacturers, including TruFire, Scott Archery, and Carter Enterprises. Each company offers a range of releases to suit different archery styles and preferences. Ultimately, the best archery release is one that fits comfortably, is easy to use, and provides consistent results.
What bow release is best?
There is no one “best” bow release. The type of release that works best for you will depend on your personal preferences, shooting style, and skill level. We recommend trying out different types of releases to see which one feels most comfortable and provides the best results. Remember, the key to accuracy is consistent practice and proper form, regardless of the type of release you use.