As hunting season approaches, many hunters are preparing their gear for the long-awaited moment. One of the essential items for a successful hunting trip is a deer blind heater. Not only does it keep you warm and comfortable during the cold winter months, but it also helps mask your scent from the deer.
When it comes to purchasing a deer blind heater, there are several things to consider. The type of heater, size of the blind, and safety features are all critical factors to keep in mind. You want a heater that is efficient, easy to use, and most importantly, safe.
After researching and testing various deer blind heaters, we have identified the ones that are the best for keeping you warm and comfortable during your hunting trip. Our top picks have features such as automatic shut-off, adjustable thermostats, and quiet operation. So, whether you’re a seasoned hunter or a beginner, our recommendations will ensure you stay warm and focused on the hunt.
Best Deer Blind Heaters
We all know how important it is to stay warm and comfortable while hunting in a deer blind. Whether you’re an experienced hunter or just starting out, having a reliable heater can make all the difference in your hunting experience. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best deer blind heaters on the market. Our team of experts has tested and reviewed each product to ensure that they are safe, efficient, and effective. So, whether you’re looking for a propane heater, electric heater, or portable heater, we’ve got you covered. Check out our top picks below and stay warm during your next hunting trip!
If you’re looking for a reliable and portable heater for your deer blind, we highly recommend the Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater.
- The heater is highly portable and easy to move around.
- It can heat enclosed spaces up to 225 square feet, making it perfect for deer blinds.
- The heater is indoor safe and comes with safety features like the Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS) and accidental tip-over safety shut-off.
- The heater may shut off when operated at altitudes over 7,000 feet above sea level.
- The run time is limited to 3 hours at max BTU and 6 hours at min BTU.
- The heater only heats a small area, so it may not be suitable for larger spaces.
We’ve used this heater on several hunting trips, and it’s been a lifesaver during cold weather. The heater is incredibly easy to set up and use, and it heats up quickly, providing a comfortable and warm environment in just a few minutes. The fold-down handle makes it easy to carry around, and the swivel regulator allows you to adapt usage from a disposable cylinder to a remote gas supply with the purchase of a hose and filter.
One thing to keep in mind is that the heater may shut off when operated at altitudes over 7,000 feet above sea level, so it may not be suitable for high-altitude hunting trips. Additionally, the run time is limited to 3 hours at max BTU and 6 hours at min BTU, so you’ll need to bring extra propane tanks if you plan on using it for longer periods.
Overall, we highly recommend the Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater for anyone looking for a reliable and portable heater for their deer blind. It’s easy to use, highly portable, and provides a comfortable and warm environment in cold weather.Check today's price
We highly recommend the Mr. Heater Little Buddy Propane Heater for anyone looking for a safe and reliable portable heater for their deer blind or other small enclosed space.
- The Little Buddy is incredibly easy to use; simply connect a 1-pound propane cylinder and press the on/off button for instant heat.
- This heater provides continuous, odor-free heat with a 45-degree heating angle, making it perfect for small spaces like hunting blinds or tents up to 95 square feet.
- With safety features like a low-oxygen shut-off system and accidental tip-over shutoff, you can rest easy knowing you and your space are protected.
- The Little Buddy only has one heat setting, which may be too much or too little for some users.
- This heater requires a vent area of at least 4 square inches for adequate ventilation during operation, which may be difficult to achieve in some small spaces.
- The 1-pound propane cylinders can be expensive to replace and may not last very long, especially if the heater is used frequently.
Overall, we believe the Mr. Heater Little Buddy Propane Heater is an excellent choice for anyone in need of a compact and reliable heater for their deer blind or other small enclosed space. With its easy-to-use design and safety features, you can enjoy warmth and comfort without worrying about your safety.Check today's price
If you’re looking for a portable propane heater to keep you warm in enclosed spaces like cabins or deer blinds, the Mr. Heater F274830 MH18BRV Big Buddy Grey Indoor-Safe Portable RV Propane Heater might be a good option for you.
- It’s a clean-burning and nearly 100-percent efficient heater that can provide up to 18,000 BTUs of heat for spaces up to 450 square feet.
- It’s approved for indoor/outdoor use and has an Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS) and accidental tip-over safety shut-off for added safety.
- It has a low, medium, and high heat level control knob for steady temperatures and can connect to a propane tank (not included).
- It may shut off when operating at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level.
- The use of unauthorized accessories/attachments with this heater is expressly prohibited and may cause serious injury and will void the warranty.
- It doesn’t come with a propane tank or the necessary batteries for the fan (4 D cell batteries are required).
We recently used the Mr. Heater F274830 MH18BRV Big Buddy Grey Indoor-Safe Portable RV Propane Heater during a camping trip in a small cabin and found it to be a reliable and efficient heater. It was easy to set up and connect to a propane tank, and the control knob allowed us to adjust the heat to our desired temperature. The built-in fan helped to distribute the heat evenly throughout the cabin, and we appreciated the added safety features like the Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS) and accidental tip-over safety shut-off.
However, we did notice that the heater shut off a few times during the night when the temperature dropped below freezing, which was likely due to the altitude of our location. Additionally, we had to purchase the necessary batteries for the fan separately, which was a bit of an inconvenience.
Overall, if you’re in the market for a portable propane heater for your deer blind or other enclosed space, the Mr. Heater F274830 MH18BRV Big Buddy Grey Indoor-Safe Portable RV Propane Heater is a solid choice with reliable heat output and added safety features. Just be sure to keep in mind the altitude limitations and necessary accessories.Check today's price
If you’re looking for a powerful and versatile heater to use in your deer blind, the Mr. Heater F242915 MH45T Triple Tank Top Heater is definitely worth considering.
- The hi-med-low regulator allows you to adjust the heat output to your liking, making it suitable for a range of temperatures and environments.
- With three tip-over safety shut-offs, you can use the heater with peace of mind, knowing that it will automatically turn off if it gets knocked over.
- The heater mounts easily on a 20-100lb propane cylinder, making it convenient and portable.
- Some users have reported that the tip-over sensors can fail in cold weather, which could be a concern if you plan to use the heater in extreme conditions.
- The construction of the heater is not as sturdy as some other models, which could be a consideration if you need a heater that can withstand heavy use.
- The burners can become clogged with dust and debris over time, which could affect the performance of the heater.
We recently used the Mr. Heater F242915 MH45T Triple Tank Top Heater during a hunting trip, and we were impressed with its performance. The heater is easy to set up and use, and it provides a powerful and consistent heat output. We appreciated the flexibility of the hi-med-low regulator, which allowed us to adjust the heat to our liking. The three tip-over safety shut-offs gave us peace of mind, knowing that the heater would turn off automatically if it got knocked over. The heater was also easy to transport, thanks to its mounting system for propane cylinders.
However, we did notice that the tip-over sensors can fail in cold weather, which could be a concern if you plan to use the heater in extreme conditions. Additionally, the construction of the heater is not as sturdy as some other models we’ve used, which could be a consideration if you need a heater that can withstand heavy use. Finally, we found that the burners can become clogged with dust and debris over time, which could affect the performance of the heater.
Overall, we would recommend the Mr. Heater F242915 MH45T Triple Tank Top Heater for anyone looking for a versatile and powerful heater to use in their deer blind. Just be aware of the potential issues with the tip-over sensors, construction, and burner maintenance.Check today's price
If you’re looking for a portable propane heater for your outdoor activities, we would definitely recommend the Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane Heater. It’s compact, easy to use, and provides a decent amount of heat.
- The steel reflector with safety grid provides a safe heating experience.
- The pressure regulator on/off control valve adjusts burner up to 3,000 BTU’s.
- The molded plastic cup holder and a large paddlefoot plastic base holds the 16.4 oz. propane bottle.
- It has to be lit with a lighter, which can be a bit inconvenient.
- The heat output feels less as you use it for a longer period of time.
- The unit won’t stay lit when driving in a covered golf cart.
We recently used this heater during our camping trip and it worked great. The steel reflector with safety grid provided a safe heating experience, and we didn’t have to worry about anything catching on fire. The pressure regulator on/off control valve is easy to use and adjusts burner up to 3,000 BTU’s to provide a decent amount of heat. We also liked the molded plastic cup holder and a large paddlefoot plastic base which held the 16.4 oz. propane bottle securely.
However, we did have to light it with a lighter, which can be a bit inconvenient. Also, we noticed that the heat output feels less as you use it for a longer period of time. Lastly, the unit won’t stay lit when driving in a covered golf cart, which can be a bit of a hassle.
Overall, we think the Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane Heater is a great investment for anyone who loves outdoor activities. It’s compact, easy to use, and provides a decent amount of heat.Check today's price
When looking for the best deer blind heater, there are several factors to consider. We want to make sure you get the best product that fits your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind:
The first thing to consider is heating capacity. You want to make sure the heater you choose can heat your deer blind to the desired temperature. You should know the size of your deer blind and the BTU (British Thermal Units) required to heat it. This information will help you choose a heater with the right heating capacity.
The next thing to consider is the power source. You can choose between electric, propane, or battery-powered heaters. Electric heaters are the most common and are easy to use, but they require a power source. Propane heaters are portable and can be used without electricity, but they require a propane tank. Battery-powered heaters are the most portable but have limited heating capacity and require frequent battery changes.
Safety features are crucial when choosing a deer blind heater. Look for heaters with automatic shut-off features that turn off the heater when it overheats or tips over. This feature will prevent fires and other accidents.
The noise level is also important, especially if you plan to use the heater while hunting. You don’t want a noisy heater that will scare away the deer. Look for heaters that operate quietly.
Lastly, consider the price. You want to get the best value for your money. Compare prices and features of different heaters to find the one that fits your budget and needs.
In summary, when choosing the best deer blind heater, consider heating capacity, power source, safety features, noise level, and price. By keeping these factors in mind, you can find the right heater for your deer blind that will keep you warm and comfortable during your hunting trips.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you safely use a portable heater in a hunting blind?
We understand that safety is a top priority when it comes to using a portable heater in a hunting blind. Therefore, we recommend that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines for using the heater. Some heaters come with safety features such as automatic shut-off when the heater tips over or overheats. It is also important to ensure that the heater is placed on a stable and level surface and that it is not placed too close to any flammable materials.
How do you efficiently keep deer blinds warm?
There are several ways to efficiently keep deer blinds warm. One of the most effective ways is to insulate the walls and windows of the blind. This will help to trap the heat inside and prevent it from escaping. You can also use a portable heater or a propane heater to heat up the space. Another option is to use a heated blanket or a heated seat cushion to keep yourself warm.
What are some cost-effective ways to insulate a deer blind?
Insulating a deer blind can be an effective way to keep it warm and comfortable. One cost-effective way to insulate the blind is to use bubble wrap. Simply cut the bubble wrap to fit the windows and tape it in place. This will help to trap the heat inside and prevent it from escaping. Another option is to use weather stripping around the doors and windows to prevent drafts. You can also use blankets or curtains to cover the windows and doors to help keep the heat inside.