Deer hunting is a popular pastime for many outdoor enthusiasts, but the work doesn’t stop once you’ve successfully taken down your prey. The process of field dressing and processing the animal can be time-consuming and physically demanding. That’s where a deer hoist comes in handy. A deer hoist is a device that attaches to a tree or post and allows you to lift and suspend the deer, making it easier to skin and process the animal.
When looking for the best deer hoist, there are a few critical factors to consider. The weight capacity of the hoist is essential, as you want to ensure it can handle the weight of the deer you plan to lift. The material and construction of the hoist are also important to ensure durability and safety during use. Additionally, the ease of installation and use should be considered, as you don’t want to spend more time setting up the hoist than processing the deer.
We spent hours researching and testing various deer hoists to identify the ones that make the process of field dressing and processing your deer as easy and efficient as possible. In this article, we’ll share our top picks for the best deer hoists on the market and what makes them stand out from the competition.
Best Deer Hoist
We understand that hunting is not just a hobby but a passion for many of our readers. And when it comes to hunting, the process of field dressing and transporting the game can be a daunting task. That’s where a good deer hoist comes in handy. A deer hoist not only makes the job easier but also ensures the safety of the hunter while handling the game. After researching and testing various deer hoists, we have compiled a list of the best deer hoists available in the market.
If you’re looking for a reliable and durable deer hoist, the Viking Solutions Rack Jack II Hitch-Mounted Hoist is definitely worth considering.
- The 360-degree rotation of game for easy loading is a real game-changer, making it much easier to load and unload large animals.
- The quick installation in the field is also a major plus, allowing you to get set up and start using the hoist in no time.
- The machined pulleys for long life and no-bind cranking are a testament to the quality of the product.
- The total weight of 42 lbs makes it a bit heavy and cumbersome to transport, especially if you’re hiking long distances.
- The optional ground stand is not included, and it can be a bit pricey to purchase separately.
- The assembly is not as straightforward as it could be, and some users have reported difficulty putting it together.
Overall, we were impressed with the Viking Solutions Rack Jack II Hitch-Mounted Hoist. It’s a well-designed and well-made product that is sure to make the process of loading and unloading game much easier. The 360-degree rotation is a real game-changer, and the quick installation in the field is a major plus. The machined pulleys are also a testament to the quality of the product. However, the weight and assembly can be a bit of a challenge, and the optional ground stand can add to the cost.
We highly recommend the VEVOR Hitch Mounted Deer Hoist for anyone looking for a reliable and sturdy way to hoist deer and other big game.
- The 300 lbs capacity makes it easy to hoist any deer effortlessly.
- The adjustable height feature allows you to hoist larger game into your truck.
- The heavy-duty, powder-coated steel frame ensures durability and rust resistance.
- The winch can be dangerous if not used properly.
- The tubing that goes into the receiver needs to be longer to allow the tailgate to be lowered.
- The hoist is not suitable for full-size pickups.
We recently used the VEVOR Hitch Mounted Deer Hoist on a hunting trip and were impressed with its capabilities. It was easy to set up and hoisted the game with ease. The adjustable height feature allowed us to hoist larger game into the truck without any issues. The heavy-duty, powder-coated steel frame ensured durability and rust resistance, making it suitable for outdoor use.
However, we did find that the winch can be dangerous if not used properly, and the tubing that goes into the receiver needs to be longer to allow the tailgate to be lowered. Additionally, the hoist is not suitable for full-size pickups, which may be a deal-breaker for some hunters.
Overall, we highly recommend the VEVOR Hitch Mounted Deer Hoist for its capacity, adjustability, and durability. It is a great investment for anyone looking for a reliable and sturdy way to hoist deer and other big game.
Kill Shot Deer-Hoist-Swivel Deluxe Hitch-Mounted Deer Hoist with Swivel & Gambrel – 500 lb. Capacity
If you’re looking for a reliable and sturdy deer hoist, the Kill Shot Deer-Hoist-Swivel Deluxe Hitch-Mounted Deer Hoist is an excellent choice.
- The 360-degree swivel with a 4 position locking pin system makes skinning, irrigating, and loading game a breeze.
- The hoist comes with a 24″ gambrel and an adjustable foot to support it in the hitch.
- With a 500 lb. weight capacity, this hoist can handle even your heaviest game.
- The hoist is a bit heavy and awkward to handle.
- Assembly can be a bit tricky, and you need weight or two people to wind the wench cable on without tangling it.
- The bearings could be better designed.
We recently used the Kill Shot Deer-Hoist-Swivel Deluxe Hitch-Mounted Deer Hoist on a hunting trip, and it was a game-changer. The 360-degree swivel made it easy to skin and irrigate the deer, and the adjustable foot provided excellent support.
One thing to note is that the hoist is a bit heavy and bulky, so it’s not the easiest thing to move around. Assembly can also be a bit tricky, especially when it comes to winding the wench cable on without tangling it.
Overall, we highly recommend the Kill Shot Deer-Hoist-Swivel Deluxe Hitch-Mounted Deer Hoist for anyone looking for a reliable and sturdy hoist that can handle even the heaviest game.
If you’re looking for a portable and durable game hanger, the ForEverlast GH Game Hanger Tripod is a solid choice.
- The 8 Ft. tall frame and heavy-duty winch system make lifting game a breeze.
- Galvanized Tubing ensures longevity and durability.
- The unit is portable and easy to set up, making it perfect for hunting trips or camping.
- The instructions don’t specify which tools are needed, which can be frustrating for some users.
- The cable reel may be welded on backwards, causing the cable to get caught in between the pole and reel.
- The snap button holes may not line up properly, requiring users to redrill them.
We recently used the ForEverlast GH Game Hanger Tripod on a hunting trip, and it proved to be a reliable and efficient tool for lifting and cleaning game. The 8 Ft. tall frame and heavy-duty winch system made lifting even the heaviest game a breeze, and the galvanized tubing ensured that the hanger would last for many hunting seasons to come.
Setting up the hanger was a snap, and it took us less than five minutes to get it up and running. However, we did find that the instructions didn’t specify which tools were needed, which made the setup process a bit frustrating at times.
Despite this minor issue, we were impressed with the portability of the hanger. It’s easy to pack up and take with you on hunting trips or camping, and it’s a great tool for lifting heavy objects around camp.
Overall, we highly recommend the ForEverlast GH Game Hanger Tripod for anyone in need of a reliable and durable game hanger. With its sturdy construction and easy portability, it’s a tool that you’ll be able to rely on for years to come.
If you’re in the market for a reliable and sturdy deer hoist, the ECOTRIC Truck Hitch Game Hoist is a great option to consider.
- The hoist is made of strong square steel tubing that can handle up to 400 lbs of weight.
- The top portion of the hoist swivels 360 degrees and locks in place, making it easy to lift and secure your catch while cleaning.
- The hoist is height adjustable and can fit your truck’s 2″ receiver hitch, making it easy to transport and use.
- Some users have reported missing nuts and bolts upon delivery, but these can easily be replaced with miscellaneous hardware.
- The instructions can be difficult to follow, but assembly is relatively simple and straightforward.
- The hoist may feel a little flimsy when lifting heavier loads, so be sure to use caution and follow weight limits.
We recently used the ECOTRIC Truck Hitch Game Hoist on a hunting trip and were impressed with its durability and ease of use. The square steel tubing felt strong and secure, and we had no issues lifting and securing our catch while cleaning. The hoist’s height adjustment and 360-degree swivel made it easy to maneuver and fit our needs.
While some users have reported missing nuts and bolts upon delivery, we were fortunate to receive all necessary parts. Assembly was relatively simple, but the instructions could be clearer. We did find the hoist to feel a little flimsy when lifting heavier loads, so we recommend using caution and following weight limits.
Overall, we highly recommend the ECOTRIC Truck Hitch Game Hoist for anyone in need of a reliable and sturdy deer hoist.
When it comes to choosing the best deer hoist, there are a few key features to consider. In this buying guide, we will go over the most important factors to help you make an informed decision.
One of the most important things to consider when choosing a deer hoist is the weight capacity. You want to make sure that the hoist you choose can handle the weight of the deer you plan to lift. Look for a hoist with a weight capacity that is higher than the weight of the heaviest deer you plan to lift.
The material of the hoist is another important factor to consider. Hoists are typically made from steel or aluminum. Steel hoists are more durable and can handle heavier loads, but they are also heavier and more expensive. Aluminum hoists are lighter and less expensive, but they may not be as durable as steel hoists.
The height of the hoist is also an important factor to consider. Make sure that the hoist you choose can lift the deer high enough to clear the tailgate of your truck or the height of the place where you plan to hang the deer. Look for a hoist with an adjustable height feature to ensure that it can be used in a variety of situations.
Ease of Use
Finally, consider the ease of use of the hoist. Look for a hoist that is easy to set up and use, with clear instructions and minimal assembly required. A hoist with a simple design and few moving parts will be easier to use and maintain over time.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best deer hoist for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the weight capacity of a typical deer hoist?
Deer hoists typically have a weight capacity of 300-600 pounds. It is important to check the weight capacity of the specific hoist you are considering to ensure it can safely lift the weight of the game you plan to hunt.
How do you properly clean and maintain a deer hoist?
To properly clean and maintain a deer hoist, we recommend wiping it down with a damp cloth after each use to remove any dirt or debris. It is also important to periodically lubricate any moving parts to ensure smooth operation. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for specific cleaning and maintenance tips.
What are the different types of deer hoists available on the market?
There are several types of deer hoists available on the market, including manual hoists, electric hoists, and tripod hoists. Manual hoists require physical effort to lift the game, while electric hoists use a motor to lift the game. Tripod hoists are portable and can be set up in the field.
What safety precautions should be taken when using a deer hoist?
When using a deer hoist, it is important to follow all manufacturer’s instructions and safety guidelines. Always wear appropriate safety gear, such as gloves and eye protection, and never exceed the weight capacity of the hoist. It is also important to ensure the hoist is properly secured and stable before lifting any game.
Can a deer hoist be used for other types of game?
While deer hoists are designed specifically for lifting deer, they can be used to lift other types of game as well. However, it is important to ensure the weight capacity of the hoist is sufficient for the weight of the game you plan to lift.
What is the recommended height for a deer hoist installation?
The recommended height for a deer hoist installation can vary depending on the specific hoist and the height of the user. However, a general rule of thumb is to install the hoist at a height that allows the game to be lifted to a comfortable working height. Be sure to consult the manufacturer’s instructions for specific installation recommendations.